“Lee Park” is a 81 acre recreational reserve situated 3 kms from the Nanango Township. Horse racing has been associated with this area for 129 years, commencing on Boxing Day 1859. Prior to this racing had been held at Nanango Station and Steamer Lagoon. It was at Steamer Lagoon that the first Nanango Cup was won by “Pilgrim”owned by Pat McCallum in 1869. Pre war the last Nanango Cup was won by “Heath Lad” owned by Jim Mylett in 1932. Prior to WW11 racing lapsed and restarted in 1968 in the old railway building. The club has had 4 presidents, the first was Mr Allan Anger, then Mr Bill Williams, 3rd was Mr Reg McCallum and the current president is Mr John Lee. The grounds have been named “Lee Park”in recognition of the time and effort Mr Lee has made in restructoring and maintaining the club. Since the club started there have been 10 Secretaries. Some of them have been honoured with the Symes Room and the Gwenda Kleinhaus Office.
The Committee at the present time is:- Mr Andrew Green- President, Mr Graham Knight – Vice President, Mr Harvey Harris – Treasurer with Mr Barry Green, Mr Jason. Livingstone, Mr Bernie Duncombe, Mr. Bruce Webb, Mr James Webb and Mrs. Rosemary Hansen – Raceday Secretary & Ms Lesley Berger – Administration Secretary. The Club’s Patron is Mr Reg McCallum whose grandfather was Pat McCallum.