Nanango Race Club homepage

Visitor info


Our Beautiful Region


Nanango – means ‘a place where the waters gather in one place’

The area of the South Burnett saw white settlement commencing around 1942.  Nanango as a township began in 1848 when Goode’s Inn opened for business.  Jacob Goode’s was a prospector who established a camp selling liquor at the point where the roads from Brisbane Valley and the Darling Downs crossed.  From that point onwards a flourishing town developed to service the areas developing industries:  primarily farming (crops and cattle)and timber.

The township of Nanango offers many interests to visit and these including: Ringsfield House, Historic Mural Walk, The Energy Centre, Heritage Trail, Tipperary Flats, 7 Mile Diggins.

Places and areas of interest in the surrounding area include: Kingaroy art gallery & visitor centre (which has a great museum), The Bunya Mountains, Brisbane River Valley trail, Kingaroy & Moffatdale wineries, great fishing at both Boondooma Bjelke Petersen Dams and other townships such as Proston, Murgon, Wondai & Hivesville.

Accommodation in Nanango includes Motels, Hotels and Caravan Parks:
Motels: Antler Motel – (07) 4163 1444

Copper Contry Motor Inn -(07) 4163 1011

Fitzroy Motel – (07) 4163 1506

Star Motel – (07) 4163 1666


Commerical Hotel – (07) 4163 1208

Fitzroy Hotel – (07) 4163 1506

Caravan Parks: 

Twin Gums Caravan Park – (07) 4163 1376 Homestead Caravan Park – (07) 4163 1733 Nanango Caravan Motorhome Park – (07) 4163 2322

Restaurants & Cafes in Nanango : Nanango RSL, Copper Country Restaurant, Commerical Hotel (Woolshed Restaurant), Fitzroy Hotel, Whipbird Cafe, plus various bakeries and takeaways.

For more information on the town and surrounding area please call our Visitor Information Centre on 4189 9446.

Listed below are several website that may be of interest if your are visiting the area.